Now that you have actually had your blocked drain cleared or replaced there are some vital things you need to understand to assist minimize the probability of it blocking up once more.
We would recommend you contact .
Right here are some suggestions to preserving your drains:.
- If you are having renovations done on your property ensure they cover all exposed pipelines so no particles drops the pipelines causing a blocked drain.
- Keep drains and sinks clear of hair – put it in the container.
- Do not flush sanitary items, nappies or child wipes down a drain.
- Usage sink strainers in the kitchen.
- No fats, oils or food scraps must be washed down the drain.
- Beware of clip on toilet fresheners that can fall off and be flushed down the toilet.
- And yes while kids discover it fascinating to watch a toy vanish down a ‘waterfall’ of water, objects being flushed down the toilet can also cause blocked drains.
Did you know that 75 % of sewage overflows are a result of tree roots blocking drains? You can reduce the number of blocked drains by planting trees as far from your sewage system lines as possible.